As the elders of our community, all seniors deserve the very best care, services and lifestyle—supported by a community where their experiences, obstacles and accomplishments are valued and honoured.
Independent Living (Click to expand)
Independent Living residents will also have access to nurses at any time through a highly developed nurse call system installed in their suites.
Independent Plus (Click to expand)
Independent Plus offers a transitional experience to assisted care.
Assisted Care (Click to expand)
Nurses assigned to assisted care will undergo regular training sessions to align with Lanark Lifestyles’ high standards for wound care, transfers, medication administration, injections, and blood sugar checks.
Dr. Neel Chadha will visit residents as needed or daily, depending on the level of assisted care required.
Memory Care (Click to expand)
As part of this research, Neel and Wit have interviewed physicians specializing in Alzheimer’s dementia, Frontal-Temporal Dementia, Vascular Dementia and Lewy Body Dementia research and visited cutting-edge memory care facilities in the United States and the Netherlands. They want to ensure that residents experiencing the challenges of dementia can achieve an optimal quality of life.
Lanark Lifestyles’ memory care floor will consist of:
- open corridors with no dead ends to allow for wandering
- a secure outdoor walking track
- a solarium to ensure plenty of outdoor time and sunshine
- full spectrum lighting to resemble daylight
- traditional furniture to resemble a relaxed home-like environment
- an evidence-based snoezelen room, also known as a controlled multisensory environment (MSE)—a unique concept in dementia care that creates a stimulating but stress-free environment through the use of soft music, special lighting, and different shapes, textures and colours
As you can see, the memory care floor has had careful and extensive thought put into its design.
Palliative Care (Click to expand)
Lanark Lifestyles is proud to offer palliative care services supported by palliative care teams based in Lanark County.
Short Stays (Click to expand)
Short stays are also available to individuals requiring respite care or as a trial stay to experience retirement living first-hand.